This document explains how we interact with the public on social media platforms.
Social Media Accounts
The Notice Program uses the following Social Media channels:
- English: https://www.facebook.com/My-Records-My-Choice-446655159199598/
- French: https://www.facebook.com/Mes-documents-mon-choix-752096501808876
- English: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcFRinLkjAs5tzs1fFtZmXw/
- French: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4AECV0v8KD6uM8opzCY7JQ
- Indigenous languages: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvCJPSZLkMFQAEEnEIMqYtw
My Records, My Choice social media accounts have been set up as alternative methods to share this information as widely as possible. By viewing our accounts you can expect to find information previously posted about the IAP and ADR Notice Program. We do not anticipate the need to post updates or new information going forward as the information posted will remain the same for the remainder of the retention period.
These accounts may not be monitored on a regular basis, and questions and comments may not receive a reply. Inquiries requiring response should be addressed through the Info-line 1(877) 635-2648, not through social media.
We reserve the right to delete comments that are inappropriate. Users may be blocked and reported to prevent further inappropriate comments.
We reserve the right to block users whose comments or interactions with us:
- Are contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms;
- Express racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, disrespectful, or life-threatening messages;
- Put forward serious, unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations;
- Are aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene or pornographic;
- Are offensive, rude or abusive to an individual or an organization;
- Are not sent by the author or are put forward for advertising purposes;
- Encourage illegal activity;
- Contain announcements from labour or political organizations;
- Are unintelligible or irrelevant;
- Are repetitive or spam; and
- Do not, in our opinion, add to the normal flow of the discussion.
The views of users commenting on our social media accounts do not necessarily represent the My Records, My Choice notice program.
Social media accounts may post or display links or ads for websites that are not under our control. We are not responsible for the information found through these links or ads, nor do we endorse these sites or their content.
ACCESSIBILITY OF SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
If you have difficulty accessing content on our social media account, please contact us and we will provide you with the information in a different format.
COPYRIGHT/PERMISSION TO REPRODUCE
Information that we post is subject to the Copyright Act.
Our social media accounts are open to the public. This means comments or posts are not private. The My Records, My Choice notice program is not responsible for personal information posted by others.
We will not respond to any inquiries or comments about specific IAP or ADR claims (please see the next section, No Discussion of Claims).
NO DISCUSSION OF CLAIMS
We cannot engage with users who ask specific questions about Independent Assessment Process (IAP) or Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) claims, or who mention an IAP or ADR claim or claimant. Please address your questions to the IAP Information Line 1(877) 635-2648.